There’s no limit to the amount of beautiful flora and fauna you’ll be able to take in when you visit Santa Teresa, and one of the brightest highlights in the animal kingdom of our tropical paradise has to be our birds. You’ll want to keep your eyes peeled and capture photos—and memories—of our feathered friends while you’re here, which is why we’ve created this guide to some of the best bird watching in Costa Rica.
- Cabo Blanco Nature Reserve: If you’re a longtime reader of this blog you’ve likely seen us mention this park more than once, and for great reason! The illustrious Cabo Blanco reserve is one of the oldest protected nature locales in Costa Rica, and also happens to feature some of the most beautiful birds to spot in the area.
- Malpais and Montezuma: The Malpais / Montezuma area is said to contain over 300 different species of birds, making it a prime destination for those who want to soak in some beautiful flighted wildlife.
- Curu Wildlife Reserve: Curu features some of the best bird watching in Costa Rica due to its massive sprawl. At over 1,500 hectares, many visitors choose to take in the scenery on horseback to avoid tiring themselves out!
- Isla San Lucas: As a former prison island that was transformed into a wildlife preserve after its closure, Isla San Lucas offers a unique Costa Rica bird watching experience that no other nature reservation can quite compare to.
- Isla Tortuga: Far enough out to sea that it requires a boat ride to reach, Isla Tortuga features some of the best ocean bird watching in Costa Rica and an abundance of gorgeous coastal wildlife besides.
- Wild Sun Rescue Center: While not a wildlife refuge in the traditional sense, Wild Sun does noble work in rescuing and rehabilitating at-risk animals in the Costa Rica area, features many different species of beautiful birds, and is absolutely worth visiting and supporting over the course of your quest to find the best bird watching in Costa Rica.
- Nacional Wildlife Refuge Romelia: Romelia is not only a gorgeous national park that features many different species of birds to observe and record, but its pristine beaches also make for a great spot to catch some waves!
- Mal Pais Canopy Tour: A canopy tour through Mal Pais might be one of the best ways to take in the flighted wildlife of Costa Rica. After all, if getting face-to-beak with some of the most gorgeous birds in the Pacific doesn’t make for the best bird watching in Costa Rica, what does?
- Montezuma Waterfalls: These beautiful waterfalls make for one of the most popular and refreshing nature destinations in Costa Rica. Thanks to its being entrenched in the peaceful wilderness, it makes for unique Costa Rica bird watching as well.
Let Your Vacation Take Flight with Casa Teresa
When you choose to stay with Casa Teresa, you have no shortage of options when it comes to experiencing the finest of Costa Rica sightseeing. Whether you’re headed out to the wilderness or fancy yourself more of an urban adventure, there is definitely something for you. No matter your pleasure, our friendly concierges can point you in the direction of the best bird watching in Costa Rica, the finest restaurants in town, and much more. While you might be able to sneak a peek at some beautiful birds over the course of your private flight to our estate, you’ll want to explore the nature reservations mentioned above to get the most out of your experience.
To get the help you need for Costa Rica bird watching and start planning the luxurious adventure of a lifetime, get in touch with us today and ask about our rates and availability. The Nicoya Peninsula features some of the best bird watching in Costa Rica, and that’s only the tip of the tropical iceberg when it comes to all the wonderful things to do and see in our neck of the woods. Take a look at our blog for even more ideas about how you can spend your time with us, and start getting ready for your trip to Casa Teresa today.